Saturday 23 May 2020

Slight Roadway/Crossing Improvement

A few weeks ago, I posted this photo and commented that there really should be a stop sign for road traffic at this crossing/intersection.

Here's a look at what I've come up with following a simple internet search.  I sized and printed this image in Paintshop, and then mounted the print onto a small scrap piece of .010 styrene.  I then cut the 3 individual signs out with an Xacto blade and glued them separately onto a short piece of .025 wire.

With the signs finished up, I masked the outline for the road markings and sprayed the lines using flat white paint. Probably should have used yellow for the centre line.
This is how the road/rail intersection stands now, which is really no great improvement, but maybe a little better than before.  I have to do something about that long crack in the pavement.

And now I've also found this roadway markings image on the internet as well, so I'm going to try to make a stencil of it to add to the pavement as well.

That's as far as I've gotten with this roadway improvement.  Hopefully there'll be more next time.


  1. Jim,

    Just hit that crack with a fine tip Sharpie and some extra "cracks" here and there. Signage looks good as well!

    I finally updated my blog with some road construction activity too...


  2. Thanks Dave. I could try the Sharpie, but I always seem to see some blue mixed in their black. Nothing to lose though, as at least it wouldn't be white anymore.

    I saw your update at CMPS, the street and crossing look real good. This blog indicates when yours has a new post. I was wondering about that grey locomotive that has it's nose in a couple of the photos. Hoping you'll show the rest of it sometime.

    Thanks for looking in here.



  3. She's one of two Kato 40-2's that I painted for my fictional "CLLX" lease fleet 6 or 7 years ago. There's a few photos on my Flickr, and don't judge too harshly on the weathering, which came out a bit heavy-handed!