I got a good start on the painting of that new GP38 this week. I've actually been a bit conflicted about even putting a nice looking paint job on the engine in the first place. That's because, as noted in the sidebar of the blog, part of the original concept for the JSSX is that the railway is supposed to be a bit challenged when it comes to available cash for capital expenditures. I guess the company must have had a good year. (Yeah, that's it...we'll go with that.)
The locomotive is being painted into my JSSX "corporate colours" of Reefer Grey, Lehigh Valley Cornell Red, and Black. It's not anywhere near to being finished up, but here's a look at the progress so far.
Cab, body, and frame painted, but not assembled yet. Flat Black is used for the walkways and pilots.
I intend to try to get the detail parts painted up during the coming week.
Meanwhile, out there in the 1:1 scale world, this ordinary plastics pellet hopper was sitting across from the station here in Sarnia a couple of weeks ago. It would blend in among the sea of covered hoppers we usually have here, but what I noticed was the reporting mark number.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete