This industry building is situated in a corner of the layout, which makes working on it difficult. So, the whole thing, spur included, is mounted onto a 6 inch wide piece of MDF. so that I can (hopefully) lift it up and move it more easily from the layout to the workbench when needed. So far, that idea has worked out fine. I've got replacement code 83 flextrack for the track in the foreground, but I still need to get a code 83 switch to replace the one in the foreground here.
The building is over 49 inches in length, and about 3.5 inches deep, except for the bit at the far end which is 5 inches deep.It's made up of 3 or 4 of the Walthers Armstrong Electric Motors kits. The code 83 track for the spur is in place, ballasted and weathered. There's a bit of greenery and even some cardboard that I've littered along the track as well.
The building still on the workbench. There sure are lots of windows. Four 60 foot or three 86 foot boxcars can be spotted at this plant.
I've purchased this Walthers kit of rooftop detail parts to add more interest to the structure.
The kit is made up of 37 detail parts, some of which have to be cemented together. I don't know if they'll all end up on the roof of this building, but we'll soon find out.
Lastly, Monday will be Canada Day up here. Scruffy, the Deputy of Security, keeps watch as I photograph some of the Canadian flag decorations that I made up for family and friends this week.
Happy Canada Day!
Happy Canada Day Jim...great looking flags...GeorgeReplyDelete
Thanks George...they seem to be very popular. I've made a few more now and given them to family and neighbors.ReplyDelete