Friday 27 July 2018

Odds and Ends

First off, I've updated the "About Me" section on the blog.  You'll find it over at the right-hand side of the page, just beneath the "Blogs I Follow" section.  And also, just for the record, it wasn't me that came up with the "TrainGuyJim"  name, which I think sounds a little dumb.  That was my computer guy, who helped me get this thing started last September.  He had to put something in there apparently, and that was what he used.

I think maybe things would have been soooooo much easier, and probably a little more precise too, if I'd known about this product last year when I was starting to work on my paved street trackage. The link below works now.

http://www.proto87.com/Paved_industrial_or_dockside_track.html

There are only 3 track switches in my street section, so it wouldn't have been much more expensive. I think my work in that area looks good and all (I do sometimes get compliments on it from my occasional visitors), but this might well have been even better.


Back in June, at the Cargill facility in Sarnia was this well-weathered CSXT covered hopper.  I was interested to see the ghosted previous lettering of the RF&P at the left-hand end.

I've seen a number of lease engines come through Sarnia recently.









I'll close this week with a total change of pace...here is the nearly new Algoma Innovator downbound at the mouth of the St.Clair River.  Delivered to Algoma just last year, this 650 foot self-unloader has it's boom uniquely mounted at the bow. This was the first time I'd seen Innovator, but hopefully not the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment