First 2 pictures are taken on the workbench, with a similar car that I weathered a long time ago in the background, Also, note that on top of the other model, there are two photographs that I referenced throughout the process. I used one for each side of my car. I'm pretty happy with the way this one turned out, although I think maybe I went just a little bit too heavy with some of the rust toward the right hand end of the car. I took a best guess on the appearance of the roof.
I tried to simulate the darkened doors by masking them off and then spraying roof brown through the airbrush, followed by sprays of weathered black.
The other side, of course. I chose to not copy the black and white patched reporting marks from my 2nd reference photo. I figure that I can always simply change that later if I decide to go ahead with it.
Out on the layout
The two boxcars together on their way to the auto parts plant.
I have at least two more 86 foot boxcars in my cupboard awaiting their turn for weathering, although they are the 4-door type.
Post a Comment