Sunday 17 December 2017

Layout Extension (001)

The general idea for this layout extension has been in my mind seemingly forever, to add just a bit more industrial switching. Over time, I dreamed up a couple of track plan ideas and there have been numerous false starts and delays for one reason or another. There's not a lot of real-estate for this, as the space available is 2 feet wide by 7 feet long, and basically only one way in for the railroad to get there.

I laid out the track in this arrangement back in the summer, and left it pretty much as track only while I switched cars in and out of imaginary industries to see how the arrangement worked out. I've decided that this area will be served by the Grand Trunk, as that will give the GT a bit more to do other than just interchanging freight cars with the JSSX.

I've dropped in a couple of buildings now, so here's a couple of views of the way things are at the moment.





No comments:

Post a Comment