Friday 29 December 2023

CN Gondola

I picked up this Walthers CN gondola for $10 at the Woodstock train show this fall.  I already had another like it, but two is better than one, right?
The gondola had slight damage, but nothing too serious.  Once the repairs have been completed, I'm going to make it look a lot worse anyway.

Repairs are done, and this gondola is just too clean to fit in to the surroundings

I ran the gondola in to the scrap recycler spur anyway.

So here we go with the weathering / aging...
That's .005 styrene, cut to fit between the car's ribs.  I laid the styrene down on the street in front of my house and ran an old wallpaper roller over it to emboss dents into it.  I have done this before with some success.

Here's the gondola after a coat of grey primer is applied.

And after painting of the colour coat
Compared to the other gondola that I already have, the paint colour is a little more red than I would have liked, but I'm going to go with it as I think it will darken down somewhat when I get to the final weathering.

That's as far as I've gotten for now with this, with decaling, probably graffiti, and weathering still to come.

In other "news", I found this interesting...

I've thought this type of tank car kind of interesting ever since the first time I saw one down at the yard in Sarnia, maybe 3 years ago or so.  Any time I see them makes me wonder if anyone would release a model in HO Scale.

And now, it looks like Roka is doing it !

I haven't seen any indication of the pricing or release date

Have a Happy New Year !

No comments:

Post a Comment