Friday 25 August 2023

JSSX Maintenance Shop

I thought we'd have a look at a few views around the maintenance shop.  Some of these may have been posted before...

JSSX 5068 in the shop to have some work done on it

And there's Brian's motorcycle, parked right smack dab in front of the No Parking sign.  Again.

A pair of leasers from Helm Leasing.  That's a GP40X in the foreground, plus a former CP SD40

Storage trailers out in the "back 40" of the shop's lot.

A view including some of the materials scattered about the area.  Looks like the GP40X is about to head out on an assignment.

Switching tracks now, Brian Smith sent along these two photos of a pair of very weather-worn cylindrical hoppers.  I think that the pictures were taken in the St.Thomas or Ingersol area here in Ontario.  The car numbers are pretty hard to read, but they're both NMIX (NSC Minerals Inc.), which is located in Saskatoon, Sk., and seems to be centered around salt and ice melter products.
I don't know for sure, but I think both of these cylindrical hoppers would have belonged to CN originally, and judging by what we can see as the ends of the cars would have been grey.

Brian asked (jokingly, I think) if I would be able to weather a couple of models like this for him.  I'm not confident enough to tackle a project like these.

Thanks for sending the pictures to me, Brian.  Happy Model Railroading everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment