Friday 21 July 2023

A Few Things

Here's a look at JSSX 5068 coming at us down South Industrial Blvd.

One of my favourite engines in the fleet at a favourite location.

Here are a couple more of the freight cars that Don trusted me with a few weeks ago

Vertical streaking down the rivet lines with a mix of Burnt Umber and Ivory Black. I sprayed Roof Brown over both of these freight cars to mute their original yellow.

The streaks down the rivet lines on this one is done with more of the Burnt Umber, leading to a more rusty colour on the lines.  Also, just a touch of rust below the ice hatches.  I bet you didn't really even notice that.

And here's how the two cars look when they're together

This past Sunday afternoon, Brian Smith sent along this photo that he took of his in-progress display shelf, and I think it's looking real nice.

I don't know who did the work on the boxcar, but I remember that SOO Line caboose spending some  time here on my workbench for a while

Down at C-Yard in Sarnia, where there is usually a LOT of plastic pellet covered hoppers
That's a lot of scribbles on that NOVA Chemicals pellet hopper.  And it looks like some other graffiti had already been painted over.


I saw this Collin Reinhart photo of an older (and patched) 3-bay covered hopper on railcarphotos.com this week, and I was struck by the weathering.  Might be a good one to try to model some time.

Have a good week

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jim
    You have done a wonderful job on Don's reefers...George

    ReplyDelete