Friday 2 September 2022

Brian's New Shelf

My friend Brian Smith has been working away at building a new shelf-style layout for himself.  He got power wired up to it last weekend, so let's have a quick look at just a few photos he's taken and posted on Facebook over this past week or so...

You might remember Brian's B36-7 from November of 2020 when I posted it on the blog after I'd finished weathering it. The reporting marks were changed at that time to Brian's BSTX leasing service.  Come to think of it, I think that GTW boxcar was weathered here too.

On his new shelf layout, it looks like Brian's C44-9 Warbonnet has been through some tough times, but still working...
And how 'bout that backdrop !  Makes it quite hard to tell where the layout ends and the backdrop begins.


Groundcover is started

And another view of Brian's Santa Fe locomotive
Ditch lights are on, and so is the walkway light


This view of Brian's B36-7 is from when it spent a little time here at the JSSX

Down at the Sarnia freight yard, I was still wishing that somebody, almost anybody, would start producing models of this type of covered hopper. Luc has told me before that somebody has plans to do it, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it.  I'd buy a couple of them. Sure would be fun to weather one like this prototype.

Pullman-Standard covered hopper down at Sarnia's C-Yard on August 26th, 2022.

Happy Labour Day Weekend everyone !

No comments:

Post a Comment