Friday, 11 September 2026

Some This and That in September

I had posted last week a picture or two of this engine, but failed to mention what type of engine it is, so...With just a single boxcar in tow,  here is BSTX 5859, a B36-7 locomotive, from Rapido.

Passing beneath the Gratiot Avenue overpass.

And speaking of locomotives, I had this one out of it's box and onto the layout for only the 2nd or 3rd time a week ago.  It was running just fine around the layout at a nice low speed.  Until it wasn't. 
It just stopped.  Right about here.

Pretty sharp looking SD40-2 from Bowser. Not sure what made it stop, but I carried it over to the programming track.

Here's what happened when I tried to re-program it.
Can Not Read Configuration Variable.  It will not respond at all. I think I'm going to have to replace the decoder.  Rats.

On a happier note, I've made up this gate for the rail entrance to my Tri-State Paper industry.  This was a little bit of a kitbash from a Walthers kit.

And after some weathering
The fencing that runs along the rail spur at Tri-State is pretty worn looking, so the gate might as well show pretty much the same appearance.  I haven't got it actually installed yet because the paint, er rust, is still wet.

So that'll be all for now.  Have a nice week.

No comments:

Post a Comment