Last time here, I had posted about a simple (manually operated) gate that I had put together and weathered for the rail entrance to my Tri-State Paper industry. Well, I got that installed this week, so here's a few photos from that accomplishment.
It is going to be so much easier to install the gate if I just bring the industry over to the workbench. Just slide the rail joiners back a bit, and I can then lift the whole thing out of place for maintenance such as this.That's the gap left in the layout when the industry has been lifted out.
Not a great picture, I know. Anyway, the whole industry module is back in place, and the rail joiners have it connected it to the layout. Not sure how I managed to get make the gate a foot taller than the fencing but it's really not so noticeable from the aisle.
And the gate is swung into the open position.
Gate open, and CN 5931 shoving a GTW boxcar into the industry spur.
The 5931 has got the boxcar into place now. The new gate worked out just fine ('cept for that height issue), the power is connected to the spur (see, the headlight is on) and it looks like all's well at Tri-State Paper.
That'll be it for now. Have a good week out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment