Friday 8 March 2024

This and That in March

I was a day late last week updating the top of the blog with a new photo for March. Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, the photo for March features my JSSX 5068, a personal favourite of mine, as it hauls a short train beneath the Gratiot Avenue overpass.

My friend Chuck sent along this photo of that he stumbled onto while on facebook

It is a nice looking boxcar, belonging to Jersey Shore Steel.

It's not trains, but here's a photo that I took on March 1st, 2024 down at the local government dock anyway.  Lake freighter Algoma Guardian has been berthed here at the government dock for maintenance over the winter.
With the boat sitting this high out of the water, it kind of makes me wonder how it doesn't just roll over.

Less than 10 minutes after taking the Algoma Guardian picture above, I took this one of CN 4125.  It was shoving a short train into the grain elevator property over on the north side of the government dock


 One of the covered hoppers that were being shoved into the grain elevator that day
Notice that the patched reporting mark letters and numbers aren't quite straight

And on the layout, I thought we'd have a few looks at JSSX 813 as it goes about switching out freight cars

JSSX 813 switching cars at a local warehouse.  I've never actually put a name to this industry.  Not yet anyway.


Different day, same engine just down the track from the 1st picture

Although parts of the engine are blocked from view, this is actually one of my favourite views of my 813.  Maybe it's because of the location.

And to finish up for the week, I'll attach this link to the Truck Stop Hobbies site, which features lots of interesting and helpful details that we railroad modelers might find useful, particularly those of us that lean toward more the modern type of railroading:  https://www.truckstophobbies1-87.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment