Friday 28 April 2023

Those Handrails Are In. And On.

Some good news here this week is that I received the correct handrail set for the GP40X. Yay!  As I had mentioned a few weeks back, I first received the wrong set (they were for a GP38) but I figured that it was most likely an honest mistake by the seller.  I decided that I'd keep those ones anyway, just in case I might need them some day.

I re-ordered the handrails from the same seller, and here they are.

Following are a couple of photos of JSSX 7000, after the maintenance shop crew (me) has installed the replacement handrails.
Now I'm trying to decide whether to add the white reflector stripes to the side sills on the locomotive, similar to those on the 813 beside it.  That's the thing about freelancing...you get to do what you like and it's hard for someone to tell you that you're wrong.

7000 working out on the South Industrial assignment.  After the problems I had troubleshooting and repairing the GP40X's ,running ability which had been compromised by the bent trucks, and then the handrails snafu, I'm really pleased to have this locomotive available for service.

I suppose most everybody that likes trains enjoys occasionally seeing them running along a street somewhere. If you take that thought and combine it with urban industrial settings, some poorly maintained track  and some "sketchy" areas of a city, you'll really get me interested.  Here's a link to a video (7 minutes) that certainly inspires more ideas for the JSSX here.  For me, it's not so much about this short train itself, but the surrounding area that it's in...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX9Rfy0RiLU


No comments:

Post a Comment