Saturday 11 September 2021

Maintenance Department Vehicles

 Luc recently gifted me with this really nice customized heavy duty hi-rail truck, doubling the JSSX's fleet of maintenance vehicles. I thought that we'd have a look at them this week.

Parked outside of the maintenance building in this photo, the truck is equipped with a crane, welder, hose or cable reel, tool box, and traffic cones.


The new maintenance truck, rumbling along Hardscrabble Road

A look at the various items aboard the truck


And, Brian Smith gave me this smaller, modified pickup truck quite some time ago. The truck comes equipped with an extendable bucket, and as can be seen in this view, was originally lettered for CP.

I removed that lettering quite easily this week with a Q-Tip that I had dampened with isopropyl alcohol. Doing so took about 10 seconds on each side.
The work truck pulling into the maintenance yard.  I wonder if the DOT would be upset that there is no DOT number on the doors of the trucks.

The two maintenance trucks at the switch to the metal recycler.  Seems kind of funny that there's no workers in sight though...

No comments:

Post a Comment