Not much going on at the layout again this week. Here is another boxcar that I've got finished up though, so now I'm all caught up on work for other modelers. Maybe I'll be able to get some more of my own projects done, or at least started.
A coat of clear gloss goes on first, which helps hide any edges of the graffiti decals. The vertical panel lines and door ribs are highlighted (or is it low lighted) with ivory black, and then the whole car, but especially the lower areas get layers of light brown to give the overall fade and grime. Clear flat finishes off the weathering.I don't think I've ever taken a picture from this viewpoint before, and that's kind of saying something because the layout's not very big. That's GP38 813 of course coming around the bend behind the trans-load facility pulling a plastic pellet hopper.
Speaking of pellet hoppers, I wonder what Nova Chemicals thinks of the artwork on this, but I'm pretty impressed.
Saw this down at C-Yard in Sarnia on Friday.
I'll finish up now with this photo of a service truck that I keep on the layout.
The focus in the picture is pretty poor, but I've found a solution to that.,,
Here's the "after" image:
I simply asked Chat GPT to 'sharpen the focus on the truck in this photo" and attached the picture. Worked out pretty well. Now if I can just get rid of the "Made with AI" tag at the top right of the picture...That's it for now. Have a good week.

No comments:
Post a Comment