Saturday 18 July 2020

JSSX 5068 Out of the Shop

With the super nice summertime weather, there really hasn't been a great deal going on here at the JSSX. However, with the door up on the maintenance building, I did spot a new used locomotive poking it's nose out into the light.
One-time ConRail Dash 8-40B 5068 is close to ready for service on the JSSX


5068 is out of the shop and good-to-go

I'll have more about this engine another time, but for now here's one more photo.

And here's a link to the "Seaboard Central" June 2020 video update on YouTube.  It looks like a really well done layout, and it appears that the owner posts a new video pretty well every month. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeBWlAIbn0



2 comments:

  1. Jim, I really admire your work! I'm building a layout in N scale and would love to learn some of your techniques for painting and weathering. And have you published a track plan? I'd love to see what the whole JSSX looks like.
    Thanks for listening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geof - I have outlined some of my weathering processes in the past, and I will do so again I'm sure. I've never really published a full track plan (so far anyway), as I never had one to begin with. I had the overall idea/theme of my layout in my mind, but the actual laying out of the track just sort of evolved over time.

    I'm happy to know that you're looking in on my blog.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete