Friday 5 May 2023

Some GTW Equipment

At the top of the blog, for May will be a view of GTW 5931 an SD40-2, built by EMD.  This one still features the CN North America paint scheme used the 1990's, which I really like.  I know others think the map looks like the paint is peeling, but I just don't see it that way.

In keeping with the GTW, here's a few looks at some more of the other GTW equipment that spend time out on the layout fairly often:

Auto-parts boxcar that I've painted, decaled, and weathered

Another auto-parts boxcar that I weathered several years ago, when I was starting out weathering.  Doing what I could to follow the rusting/weathering pattern of a prototype, albeit with a different car number, this was one of my first attempts at weathering. The photo was taken on our deck railing so I could see how the finished model looked in actual sunlight.  I remember posting this one on a weathering website way back when, and got criticized for posting a picture taken on a deck railing.

You might remember this re-painting and weathering project from a year or two ago

Former Rock Island boxcar patched and weathered

A sister boxcar to the one above, this photo made it into RMC in August 2021

GP40-2 6416 was painted as a former DT&I locomotive.  I sold this one off a year ago as I hadn't been using it very much at all

No comments:

Post a Comment