Friday 12 May 2023

New Industry Build Project

This industrial building kitbash which, being honest, I never really cared for, is finally being replaced with something that sees considerably more business. I've been wanting to get to this project for quite a while.

I am moving the Midwest Plastics industry into this location, at least to try it out in this spot.  This is part of the idea of having interchangeable industry "modules" for the layout.

Once moved, trains will then enter the spur at Midwest Plastics from the right-hand end, instead of from the left as has been the case 'til now. It's not at all difficult for me to swap the industries around, as the building, the track, and the scenery are all mounted on a single piece of MDF. Switching the industries around can be done in only about 5 minutes.

And this new industry will go in the spot where Midwest has been located. It is a kitbash of concrete block wall sections from two Walther's bakery kits.
This new industry is intended to be a paper recycler business.  With five rail doors, I'm quite sure it will have the potential to become a pretty busy customer on the GTW line.  More switching, more fun.

I gave up trying to match the paint colour of the previously used wall sections, so I've painted the entire length of the building in grey. 
This new structure and track is mounted on a piece of MDF fibreboard too, which I've made to the same dimensions as the piece of MDF that the Midwest Plastics "industrial module" is mounted on.  The track is located in the same place on both of those sections of MDF too, so I just have to slide the rail joiners back, and then lift out the entire module.

I'll have more to come next time on this new industry project.

Elsewhere, I enjoyed Lance Mindheim's blog from this past Wednesday (May10th). The general link to Lance's blog is always on the sidebar here, but in case you missed that particular one from Lance's blog, here's a direct link:

No comments:

Post a Comment