I got a start on weathering this boxcar just this week. Been putting doing so off for ages, as I've been afraid to mess it up. I actually have modelled 4 of these. They just don't look right when mixed in among my weathered 86 footers.The clean car. I worked hard to add the exterior ribs and get the car painted some years ago, but those grey arrows are decals, and were by far the most difficult part. Getting them to settle down over vertical and horizontal ribs seemingly took forever.
Anyway, here's the way the first side looks as I've gotten started on SP 615243.
Faded the overall car with my usual Concrete Gray, and I've added some streaking rust and just a few rust blisters as well. That's as far as I've gotten. So far. More to come on this.I also sold a couple of 86 footers this week. Here's a look at those.
This Conrail car has gone to New Brunswick
SOU 42538 is gone to a new home in Brampton.
And in the 1:1 world, down at C-Yard in Sarnia, a picture of a Nova Corp. plastic pellets hopper with a generous amount of artwork on it.
Can't quite decide if I like this or not, but I would think quite a bit of time and effort must have been spent by somebody.That's about it for now. Have a good week.
No comments:
Post a Comment