I've not really been able to get to the train room at all this week, with other stuff going on, but later in evenings I have been trying to quietly get photo files sorted and organized on the laptop. I've got a long way to go with that. Doing a few at a time, but making progress seems to be slow.
While doing that I ran across this particular photo that I had saved from somewhere on the internet some time in the past, that I thought I might possibly be able to use on a backdrop for somewhere on the layout.
And when I came to this one while sorting throughn my disorganized files, I wondered if I could clean it up so that it might be more suitable for me and then perhaps actually make use of it.
My first thought was to eliminate the "perspective" angle of the picture if I could, so I tried to do that with the Microsoft Designer program that came with Windows on the laptop.
This is a bit more of a square -on view, but still not really what I was wanting.
I cropped the edges of the picture using Microsoft Designer again and I think I messed up a bit by somehow also cropping out the left end of the building without realizing it. I saved it that way so that was a mistake by me.
Anyway, now enter Chat GPT. I have next to no experience using this before now, but I asked Chat GPT to remove the vehicles from the bottom of the picture, and this is how that turned out.
That was pretty easy. Those work trucks are gone, and the part of the building that was not visible behind the trucks is complete. I have no clue how the program can do that part, but I considered it a win for me.
Now this where things got really interesting for me. I asked/told Chat GPT to square-up the image and get rid of the perspective, and this happened:
The image is about as straight on as I could hope for, and I notice that it has somehow decided to add a wall section to the far right hand end of the building. That section was originally around the corner on the end of the building. Looks real good though.I don't care for the top of the buildings' elevator shaft above the roofline being narrower, so i aske the Chat GPT to widen that to match the width of the sections below.
Looks pretty good now. I have to figure out just how I'm going to print it, if my printer will even cooperate as that's not guaranteed. But I'm pretty happy with the way this has been going. And it's been a good distraction from trying to organize a few hundred photo files. Maybe more work and progress on it soon.That's about all I've got for this time.
Have a good week.




No comments:
Post a Comment