Friday 11 October 2024

One Car Train

I ran JSSX engine 813 as an extremely short train of a single boxcar this week.  Here's 813 pulling a rather worn looking Mississippian Railway boxcar from the JSSX yard.

Maybe we can follow along for a ways

That's the JSSX office at the left.  That little pile of pallets is the same ones that I showed here last time just after I'd put them together on the workbench.  I quickly brush painted them with "Barn Wood" craft paint this week and then spread a single drop of black Panel Line over the four of them.

Here they come around the curve and about to go under the "new" overpass that I still haven't come up with a name for.

Here's a pretty good look at the MISS boxcar.  I weathered this one a few years ago, and it's one of my favourite efforts.  There's a glimpse of part of an auto parts train in the background on the GTW.

And here's a view of the one car train as it passes beneath the Gratiot Avenue overpass. This is about as far as I ran the train ran at the time.  Maybe more with it next time.

I read once a long time ago that an overpass helps make the train appear to be coming or going to or from someplace, and I think that's true.  I also find that they provide a really nice sort of natural "frame" for taking photographs.

And now for something completely different...Here's the link to an article from the local newspaper, the Sarnia Observer.  I'm sorry if the ads show up with the story.

https://www.theobserver.ca/news/local-news/u-s-drifter-jailed-deported-for-riding-a-freight-train-into-sarnia-a-second-time

Thanks very much for looking in here, and have a good week everybody and I hope you're able to do some model railroading.

1 comment:

  1. Great modeling & photos, as always Mr. Jim. Thanks for sharing...
    KLS

    ReplyDelete