Friday 18 October 2024

Backdrop Photo Do-Over

I've re-done the background building that I printed and posted about here four weeks ago.  The building is the Fisher Body Plant 21 in Detroit. After mounting my printouts on the backdrop and living with it for these past weeks, I decided that it appeared undersized, so I printed it over again. This time I divided the final image into 4 sections and printed them in "portrait" format on 8.5"x14" paper instead of "landscape" on 8.5"x11" paper so that the prints would be taller.

I set the two final images out on the floor for this comparison view...

The larger print is just under 32 inches wide.

So here is the first (smaller) print as it originally appeared on the backdrop:


And here's the newer, larger version as it looks now mounted on the backdrop:
See it there all the way in the background.  I think this looks much better than my first try did.  Still more areas to take care of scenery wise to improve the general appearance of this end of the layout.  I did get a bit ground foam put down, which can be seen in front of the silos.

Woodstock Model Train Show is this Sunday, October 20th
It's about 80 miles or so from here, but if I decide to go maybe I'll see you there.

Have a great week !

2 comments:

  1. The new backdrop looks better and make the whole scene seem larger!
    I find it a good practice to live a few days with something new before I commit to it. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much. It does make a difference.

    ReplyDelete