Friday 5 January 2024

CN Gondola Finished Up

ICRX 570428, my version of it anyway, is an ordinary plastic pellet hopper and is at the top of the blog for January.  I like this picture.

I explained last week that I created the dents in the walls of the gondola by going out to the street in front of my house and running a wallpaper roller over the styrene.  Brian Smith called me the next day, to say that he was wondering just what the neighbors might have thought I was doing out there. I can't say for sure, but he may have had a point.  The guy down the street runs a local newspaper, so I'm kind of glad and maybe a bit lucky that there wasn't a photographer out there at the time.

Here's a look at my  newest CN gondola, as it finished up...

The dents made with the wallpaper roller show up very nicely in the view. I think that they stand out quite well

Graffiti added to the other side is mostly, but not all, decals

Looking down at the floor of the gondola where I used a variety of washes and powders.

Off the bench and out on the rails.  The pipe load is one that I made to fit another gondola of this same size gondola a long time ago

And another look at the "clean" side.  A fun project completed.

If you've ever considered the idea of including a helix on your layout (I haven't), here's a link to a little inspiration for you...

 https://www.facebook.com/100032496845283/videos/783808420245814?idorvanity=

Have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment