Friday 6 October 2023

Birds Aren't Real

This is a view of my scratch-built billboard as taken from the Gratiot Avenue overpass between the JSSX and the GTW. I thought the message fit well with the urban industrial theme that I've been going for here.
Changes on the layout can turn out good, or bad I suppose, but regardless, I decided it was time to change up the message anyway.

I found the original picture of the sign message on the internet, and printed it out to the size of my billboard. I just had to adjust the perspective a bit and crop the image to the proper size using my Paintshop program. The "Birds Aren't Real" meme is a parody of the recent abundance of government conspiracy theories.  It was started a couple of years ago by a college student.

And here's a view of 5068 hooked onto their train, still waiting for 813 to get back to the yard so they can start out on their own assignment
Looks like at least one of the crew is enjoying the wait by staying out on the front of the engine 

I made a quick trip down to the Sarnia freight yard in the early afternoon on Monday.  Not much going on down there (again) as there was no sign of any main line trains coming or going.

There's almost always a freight car or two that I find to be at least a bit interesting.

This example is ICRX 570428 (Island Creek Corporation).  Looks like the reporting marks have been patched from something else at some point, but I find the various painted areas to be interesting, and the pattern to the rust is interesting as well.  Would make for a nice weathering project some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment