Friday 26 August 2022

August 27th Post

Reading through the Little Rock Line blog where Allen has been busy weathering U33B's, I ran across his link to Thomas Klimoski's Georgia Northeastern blog.  Thomas's excellent layout is often posted on YouTube.  You'll find the link to the Georgia Northeastern blog in my Blogs of Interest side-bar.

Don't really get to see too many black boxcars.  Around here at least it seems any black cars are tank cars or a few carbon black cars for the local Cabot Carbon plant.  I never see any black boxcars, so this photo taken by Collin Reinhart in Altoona, Pa. a week ago today kind of caught my eye...

https://www.railcarphotos.com/PhotoDetails.php?PhotoID=129991

This is an Evans Railcar 50 footer, and I guess we see it in the photo as being black, but I suppose that really it's mostly grey. Maybe it's faded to grey from black.  Notice the white portion at the end portions of the side sill. If you wanted to model it (I'd kind of like to), ExactRail makes or made the correct car, but not in this colour scheme, so repainting would be required. I'm not quite sure how to come up with the red placard for the sides.

And downstairs here on my railroad, I got the just tiniest bit accomplished when I found and added a set of Details West mu hoses to my CN/GTW SD40 #5931.


3 other projects in progress in the back
The mu hoses installed, but not yet painted

Uh-oh, now it's 4 projects in progress in the background...
Well, I got them painted...Flat Black for the hoses with Flat Aluminum at the tips. I meant to paint the electrical plug cover to the right of the step red, but forgot.  I'll get to it. At least it looks a little bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment