Saturday 3 August 2019

JSSX 815 Lighting Upgrade and a YouTube Video of the JSSX

I've shown my JSSX #815 here in the past, but I'd like to take another look at it because I've got it back home this week after having it away getting ditch lights and led's installed.  The model is from the Atlas "Master Series", so working ditch lights were not included as part of the original package. I had the lights and a new decoder installed by Scottie Rosenbury from Pete's Trains in London, Ontario.  Scott did a real nice job on them, and since it's my favourite locomotive, I'm really happy to have it back.


With it's new ditch lights turned on, GP38 815 is getting ready to do some switching over on South Industrial Blvd.


The loco was stopped in the street for a minute, so I quickly ran across and got a shot of it from the other side.
 This is the Randy Davis photo that I modeled my JSSX 815 from, although I choseto leave off the large numbers at the rear of the long hood.


Last week another one of my models that I featured had ditch lights and led's added by Ron Creasor.  When Ron delivered that locomotive to me, he brought along his camera and shot some video of the JSSX.  He's posted it to his YouTube channel, so I thought I'd provide the link for that.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaqev_EUJH8

The video runs over 8 minutes in length, and it's a bit shaky sometimes as the camera is hand-held, but you'll see most of the layout.

And to wrap things up for this week, when I wasn't running 815, I weathered this Illinois Central boxcar for another modeller. I found one photo online of a prototype car from the same number series, so I used that as a reference for the model.
As the door is slightly open, I guess I'd better break that white seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment