Tuesday 18 June 2019

Around the Goderich and Exeter Locomotive Shop

My former neighbor, Ian Cryer sent me these photos, which he took a couple of weeks ago near his new home in Goderich, Ontario.  Thanks Ian !

I haven't been to Goderich in several years, but back then this GEXR maintenance shop is where I got the idea for the steel sided engine shed, instead of using a Walthers kit brick 2 stall engine house on my JSSX. I notice the random red safety striping beside the large door as well as the many other details leaning against the wall.


GEXR GP38 with Operation Lifesaver and Zero Injuries Is Our Goal decal.  Some real heavy grime streaking down the sides of this loco.

Southern Ontario Railway (reporting marks RLHH) has similar stickers/decals as the GEXR above.  I wonder what's in the pails at the left in the foreground.
I prefer the red,white and blue of the previous RailAmerica scheme on this GP40 to the orange and yellow used on Genesee and Wyoming subsidiaries.



This is the scene outside of the engine shed on the JSSX. Workhorse GP 38 #815 is to the left and ex-Conrail Dash 8-40B #5068 in the doorway.  I'm going to see if I can add those red safety stripes similar to those that the GEXR has by the door, 


No comments:

Post a Comment