Saturday 31 March 2018

ACME Welding - the prototype

Any time I see a business with the name ACME, my mind goes straight to the old Wile E. Coyote/Roadrunner cartoons, with ACME being the supplier for the coyote's weapons of choice.  ACME actually means (and I looked it up just for this post) something or someone at it's peak, zenith or prime, which is ironic in the cartoon, given the quality of the products that Wile E. seems to receive.

I stumbled across ACME Welding in London, Ontario a couple of years ago. Wow. This small building really got my attention.  Cement block construction, large wooden sliding door with a simple two-colour personnel door inset into it, matching colours with the overhead business sign, metal security screening covering the windows, and a whole bunch of stuff laying on the ground all around it. I should note too, that behind the white block building in the background of the photo is the small CN London freight yard.

These pictures are obviously taken on different days. I wonder who John Robert is. Clearly important to the business owners, perhaps he's been away in the military. I wonder just what they're welding in there. I checked online, but I could find no real presence for the business on the interwebs.



No comments:

Post a Comment